Learn What Brings Patients to Austin Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Your experience as a patient is extremely important to us. We are aware that the decision to pursue aesthetic treatments or plastic surgery—whether it be breast reconstruction for breast cancer patients or elective cosmetic surgery—can be an overwhelming task. Outlined below are some of the reasons you've come to the right place for your procedure. We thank you for your trust in us and allowing us to care for you.
We're an All-Women Team
The Austin Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery team is made up entirely of women, each passionate about and uniquely equipped to provide the highest level of care to both our aesthetic and reconstructive patients. Nearly 90 percent of all aesthetic patients are women, and statistically one in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime, with many desiring breast reconstruction, but only 6 percent of board-certified plastic surgeons in the United States are female. Our personalized treatment plans and compassionate care reflect our surgeons understanding of women's unique needs.
The provider team is led by board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Christine Fisher and two physician assistants, each with 10-plus years of special expertise in plastic surgery and aesthetic skincare. The administrative team includes two breast cancer survivors who serve as patient care coordinators for our breast reconstruction patients, a cosmetic patient care coordinator, a medical assistant with nearly 10 years of experience specifically in plastic surgery, a clinic coordinator with nearly 20 years of experience in the medical field, and our knowledgeable practice administrator.
The practice takes a team approach to ensure the highest level of attention and quality to the patient experience, from the first phone call through treatment and recovery. We treat each patient as a family member and genuinely look forward to coming to work every day.
Safety is Our Number One Priority
Safety has always come first, without exception. At your consultation with Dr. Fisher, she will take the time to describe the risks of any surgical procedures you may be considering and how we as a team work together with you to minimize those risks. Here are some of the ways we ensure your safety:
- When you call for a consultation, our patient care coordinators ask you about your medical history to make sure you are healthy enough to undergo surgery or any aesthetic skincare procedures you may be considering.
- We review your medical history in detail with you at your consultation appointment prior to developing the treatment plan and informs you of any foreseeable risks.
- For our breast reconstruction patients, our surgeons are in regular contact with your oncological team (breast surgeon, medical oncologist, radiation oncologist, physical therapist) throughout the reconstructive process to ensure that your health is put first. we will never prioritize an aesthetic outcome over one in which your cancer is safely addressed.
- We only operate in certified, licensed, state-of-the-art surgery centers and hospitals.
- Only board-certified anesthesiologists are used in surgery.
- For after-hours emergencies, you can always contact Dr. Fisher. During business hours, our experienced patient care coordinators will appropriately direct your call to a provider.
We Create Natural-Looking Results that Last
Austin Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery is passionate about safely creating long-lasting, natural-looking results for breast cancer and elective cosmetic surgery patients alike. We specialize in state-of-the-art breast reconstruction techniques that optimize the aesthetic outcome, as well as cosmetic surgery of the breast and body with results that you can enjoy for years to come. Many of our breast reconstruction patients report a "cosmetic" result that oftentimes fools mammographers, gynecologists, and other providers. The focus is on restoring femininity and wholeness, done with an emphasis on safety and natural breast aesthetics.
Austin Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Known for natural-looking aesthetic results in breast reconstruction and cosmetic surgery.
- Elected by peers for inclusion in Texas Monthly's Texas Super Doctors®: Rising Stars listing.
- Reconstructed over 6,000 patients, including more than 2,500 DIEP flap reconstructions.
- 4.9-star average rating over hundreds of reviews for reconstructive and cosmetic surgery.
We Offer Personalized Treatment Plants
We take into account your medical history, your lifestyle, and your goals when developing your personalized treatment plan. She understands each patient is unique, and she takes the time in your initial consultation to get to know you. We understand your financial budget and available time for recovery also factor into the decisions you make regarding treatment. Your conversations with Dr. Fisher will never feel rushed; we want to be sure all your questions are answered and that you feel confident in the plan you've discussed with us.
Our Brand New, State-of-the-Art Facility
Our convenient central Austin office opened in the spring of 2018. Our spa-like treatment rooms and in-office cosmetic surgical suite were designed with the comfort and safety of our patients in mind. Our offices and operating facility are conveniently situated in the same building, giving patients hassle-free access to our qualified medical staff and services. Additionally, our operating rooms meet the highest surgery-center specifications and provide an elevated standard of care and comfort.
There is plenty of parking in surface spots directly in front of our building, as well as in the spacious parking garage directly behind our office. Our office is located on the ground floor of the building and is fully ADA compliant.
Dr. Christine Fisher's Education & Experience
Dr. Fisher is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), the American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgeons (ASRM), and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). She attends at least two breast and microsurgery educational symposia per year and has published multiple peer-reviewed articles and book chapters on topics ranging from regenerative medicine to patient safety. Dr. Fisher is proud to serve on the Medical Advisory Committee for the Breast Cancer Resource Center and is a regularly invited guest speaker on topics related to breast reconstruction.
Dr. Fisher graduated medical school with honors from the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston and completed her residency in plastic and reconstructive surgery in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She then trained in microsurgical perforator flap (such as the DIEP flap) breast reconstruction at Magee-Womens Hospital and studied microsurgery and lymph node transfer to treat upper extremity lymphedema in Paris, France. She is medical school faculty at The University of Texas at Austin and has performed more than four thousand breast reconstruction procedures in Austin since 2013.