At the office of Austin Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, our providers work with women in the Austin, TX area who are interested in undergoing breast reduction surgery. This procedure is performed for both medical and aesthetic purposes in many situations. Women with larger breasts may experience a variety of issues that lead them to consider this treatment option. With breast reduction surgery, women can regain confidence and the ability to enjoy freer movement and more physical activities without pain or discomfort.
Why might a woman consider breast reduction surgery?
Below are five of the more common reasons why women speak to a professional about breast reduction procedures:
- Improve back and neck pain. Large breasts can cause discomfort in patients, especially in the upper back, shoulders, and neck. Relieving this can be achieved with breast reduction surgery.
- Help improve posture. Large breasts can make it uncomfortable to stand upright as one should, and women who undergo breast reduction often find an improvement in their posture.
- More confidence and comfort. Women who reduce the size of large breasts may find themselves feeling more comfortable in their own skin and might even enjoy clothes shopping for their new figure.
- A better quality of life, both physically and emotionally. Many women find themselves better satisfied with their life when they are able to participate more in it. Women may finally be able to participate in activities at the gym, or even go for a run without pain.
- Possible coverage by health insurance. Though breast reduction might be viewed as a cosmetic surgery, it may be medically necessary for some women who are experiencing problems due to heavy breast tissues, such as back, neck, and shoulder pain.
Learn more about this procedure and find out if it is right for you!
The team at Austin Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery are dedicated professionals who are here to help women in achieving their body contouring goals and address pain that might be related to having larger breasts. If you are located in the Austin, TX area and are ready to work with an experienced plastic surgeon, now is the time to schedule an appointment. Our facility is located at 2905 San Gabriel Street, Suite #100 and can be reached by phone at (512) 815-0123.