Austin Offers Non-Surgical Facial Rejuvenation
While many people want an effective way to reverse the signs of aging, many have subtle symptoms visible of facial aging that can be treated without surgery. Some patients may not be ready for the recovery time and cost associated with surgery to do so. For those seeing mild to moderate signs of aging, injectable procedures may effectively treat symptoms for an extended period, allowing you to enjoy a more youthful and rested look without the need for incisions and anesthesia. Austin Cosmetic Medspa at Austin Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery offers a broad range of dermal fillers for this purpose, allowing our Austin-area patients to refresh their appearance quickly without the need for recovery time afterward.
A youthful face is full at the cheeks and typically has an “inverted heart” shape with a smooth jawline and even skin color. Fillers featuring hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the body, work by restoring fullness in areas that have lost volume over time. These products can improve the contours of the cheek, chin, eyes, mouth and lips. Other fillers with different formulations may last even longer than hyaluronic acid fillers but could be less suitable for meeting certain aesthetic goals. The fillers selected for your treatment will depend on the anatomic location of the problem as well as your specific concerns and desired results.
Why Should You Consider Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers provide a quick, relatively easy way to reverse the signs of aging. At our office, the procedure will be fully tailored to your concerns, and provide results that can last for many months. If you have noticed the changes you have seen in your appearance due to volume loss, a “tired” look with facial hollowing and/or wrinkle formation, a dermal filler treatment may be able to achieve the outcome you want while requiring far less time out of your schedule than surgery.
Dermal fillers are considered safe for men and women of all ages and offer the same benefits to every skin type and tone. While they are primarily used to counter early aging effects, they can also be used to augment and enhance the features of younger patients and can be helpful for patients with more advanced aging who may not be candidates for surgery due to health concerns or other factors. When a licensed medical professional who is an experienced injector administers dermal fillers, the results they produce look naturally youthful and beautiful, and their patients are able to avoid appearing “overdone.”
Non-Surgical Facial Rejuvenation Designed for You
No two faces are identical, which is why no two dermal filler treatments should be performed in the same way. Our providers carefully assess the aging symptoms of each of our patients before treatment to determine which formulation, injection depth and needle placement will produce the best results. Whether you need a quick fix for lines around the nose and mouth or a complete rejuvenation of the mid-face, our providers can help you reach your cosmetic goals with a dermal filler procedure designed just for you.
Austin Cosmetic Medspa by Christine Fisher MD
- Known for advanced aesthetic medicine and skincare treatments that scientifically and safely create a natural-looking result.
- Providers have a combined 30+ years of experience in cosmetic dermatology and medical aesthetics.
- Treatments administered by Sandy Lanier, PA-C; Katie Bertling, RN, LE; Lara Montfort, BSN, RN; Jeremy Porche, CRNA; and Africa Maldonado, MA.
- Offers full range of medical-grade skincare products to improve skin quality and treat aging skin.
- 4.9-star average rating over hundreds of online reviews for non-surgical laser and injectable treatments.
Options in Dermal Fillers
The reason our providers can customize dermal filler treatments to the precise needs of our patients is in part the broad range of filler options we provide in our practice. These products include:
The Juvéderm® line of dermal fillers contains a synthetic form of hyaluronic acid (HA) that adds facial volume and smooths away wrinkles from the inside out. Within this filler family, there are a variety of products that can be used for a myriad of cosmetic concerns:
- Juvéderm Ultra XC – this hyaluronic acid filler is smooth enough to plump up the lips, restoring youthful volume or producing definition in lips that have always been naturally thin.
- Juvéderm Ultra Plus – as a slightly thicker version of Juvederm Ultra XC, Ultra Plus is an excellent choice for reducing even more prominent creases around the nose and mouth.
- Juvéderm Voluma – this formulation is specifically designed to work on larger areas of the face, restoring volume and definition to the cheeks or providing contouring to the jawline.
- Juvéderm Vollure – this unique solution provides subtle softening of moderate to severe facial lines with a refreshed look that may last up to 18 months.
- Juvéderm Volbella – a silky formulation that can add subtle enhancement to lips while diminishing fine, vertical lines that often form above the upper lip.
The Restylane® line is another collection of hyaluronic acid (HA) dermal fillers designed to produce subtle, natural results that usually last for many months before a touch-up treatment is required. The Restylane® family includes a variety of filler products:
- Restylane-L – used to reduce creases around the mouth, nose and chin, this formulation now contains lidocaine (-L) for a more comfortable treatment experience.
- Restylane Contour – flexible and smooth, this formulation for cheek augmentation and the correction of midface contour deficiencies integrates with the skin and soft tissue to lift and volumize in a very natural way.
- Restylane Kysse – smooth and silky, this formulation is an effective way to add volume to the lips while reversing the vertical lines that often feather from the upper lip to the underside of the nose.
- Restylane Lyft – this product was initially designed to restore youthful volume to the midface and is also used to turn back the clock on the hands by adding plumpness to the backs of the hands to reduce the appearance of prominent veins.
- Restylane Refyne – using proprietary cross-linking technology, this product can smooth away lines around the nose and mouth while preserving your natural facial expressions even more effectively than other dermal fillers.
- Restylane Defyne – this filler boasts the same innovative technology as Refyne but adds a slightly thicker texture that allows for the treatment of even deeper lines and creases around the nose, mouth and chin.
The RHA® Collection of designer fillers is available only at select aesthetic practices with high rates of patient satisfaction. It is also the only FDA approved hyaluronic acid (HA) filler for dynamic wrinkles and folds in areas of the face that move repetitively.
The RHA® Collection is intentionally made to be more like your body's natural HA, allowing it to be resilient enough to adapt to your facial movements. It provides a very natural look, both at rest and in motion. It is also designed to be long lasting, with proven clinical effectiveness and duration up to 15 months. Free hyaluronic acid present in skin care, as well as our native HA, metabolizes quickly. With the RHA® Collection of dermal fillers, the HA chains are crosslinked with chemical proteins that are suspended. The fewer chemical proteins and less processes required in the manufacturing of the product yield a purer and cleaner filler that mimics the body's natural HA.
Belotero® Balance is a hyaluronic acid (HA) injectable filler designed to integrate into facial skin tissue. The unique manufacturing process for Belotero® Balance yields a soft and cohesive gel that, once injected, instantly fills the skin to help smooth moderate-to-severe etched-in lines and wrinkles. While the product is versatile enough to handle moderate nasolabial folds (smile lines around the mouth), it may be an ideal option for treating delicate areas such as etched-in smile lines and vertical lip lines (thin lines that appear above and around the lips). Results from Belotero® Balance usually last six-plus months.
Radiesse® is a dermal filler that contains calcium hydroxylapatite microspheres instead of hyaluronic acid. This unique ingredient binds to the underlying dermal structure to offer immediate support that can be seen shortly after your procedure. At the same time, the microspheres stimulate the body to produce more collagen, natural dermal support that offers long-lasting improvement. Results from these treatments often last one full year or longer.
This injectable, which contains poly-L-lactic acid, acts as a collagen stimulator within the dermal structure. While you won’t see results right away after your Sculptra® treatment like you will with other dermal fillers, the changes that appear over time will last much longer. Results also form gradually, so you will look younger without looking like you just had a cosmetic procedure performed. Most Sculptra® treatments last up to two years or more.
Download Our Skin Care & Non-Surgical Rejuvenation Post-Procedure Care Guides
We've compiled detailed post-operative care instructions to best equip our skincare & non-surgical rejuvenation patients throughout their recovery process. To ensure the best and safest recovery, your plan encompasses appropriate prescriptions and clear directions towards maintaining your comfort to get you back to normal life and activity as soon as possible. Individual patients respond uniquely, and the type of procedure may differ, but these basic guidelines will help you along your journey.
Quick, Comfortable Procedure
Dermal filler injections usually take just a few minutes to complete. No anesthesia is required, although we can numb sensitive areas like the lips to ensure there is no discomfort during treatment. Injections are strategically placed where they will achieve smooth, even and natural results. Cannula techniques can also be utilized to reduce the risk of swelling or bruising and enhance the outcome further.
Instant Results, No Downtime
Results from most dermal fillers can be seen right away, even as you leave our office. Other than subtle improvement to your appearance, there shouldn’t be many indications you just had a cosmetic procedure performed. Occasionally, slight bruising or swelling might appear around the injection sites, but these side effects are generally mild and short-lived. There won’t be any discomfort after the injections that would prevent you from activities, so you should be able to jump back into your routine right away.
The Importance of Experience
While dermal fillers are one of the most commonly performed cosmetic treatments today, that doesn’t mean you should trust your anti-aging therapy to just anyone advertising the service. Our injectors include physician assistant Sandy Lanier and nurse injectors Katie Bertling, Lara Montfort and Jeremy Porche. They have a combined experience of 20+ years in using the various fillers available, giving them an accurate perspective on which formulation will work the best for you. At Austin Cosmetic Medspa, our goal is to provide you with a safe procedure and superior, natural-looking results.
If you are ready to say goodbye to the telltale symptoms of aging, but you aren’t at the point where you want to commit to a surgical procedure, dermal fillers may provide you with the right amount of correction to ward off pesky wrinkles and undo the effects of facial hollowing. Our providers will evaluate your specific concerns and discuss your aesthetic goals to help you find the best filler solution for your needs. To schedule your consultation, contact Austin Cosmetic Medspa at (512) 815-0123.