Platelet Rich Plasma
The Benefits of Platelet-rich Plasma in Austin, TX
Blood is made up of several components, including platelets, which drive clotting and contain beneficial growth factors. These unique properties make platelets ideal for improving the look and health of skin, which is why Christine Fisher MD collects and concentrates them to create platelet-rich plasma, also known as PRP. Austin-area patients can choose PRP treatments for their face and body to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, to accelerate healing after skin procedures and to rejuvenate the skin.
Austin Cosmetic Medspa by Christine Fisher MD
The Art and Science of Advanced Skincare™
- Known for advanced aesthetic medicine and skincare treatments that scientifically and safely create a natural-looking result.
- Providers have a combined 35+ years of experience in cosmetic dermatology and medical aesthetics.
- Treatments administered by Sandy Lanier, PA-C | Katie Bertling, RN, LE | Lara Montfort, BSN, RN | Jeremy Porche, CRNA | Rachael Davis, LE | Marta Zinyuk, BSN, RN | Kristen Woodard, FNP-C, AGACNP-BC
- Offers full range of medical-grade skincare products to improve skin quality and treat aging skin.
- 4.9-star average rating over hundreds of online reviews for non-surgical laser and injectable treatments.
Resting platelets are able to flow through the blood vessels easily. When activated by tissue injury (and thrombin exposure) platelets change shape and develop extensions called "pseudopods," which promote collection of other platelets (clots) and also release granule contents such as growth factors. These have mitogenic action which increases the population of healing cells and the differentiation of stem cells to accelerate healing.
To create a PRP injection, a patient's own blood is drawn and then spun in a centrifuge to separate out the platelets. The resulting material is strategically injected or rubbed into the treatment area, where it nourishes the skin, encourages collagen production, and more. Since the platelet-rich plasma is derived from the patient's own body, it is effective and is well received.
Patients seeking a plastic surgeon in Austin, TX, can contact Austin Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery to set up a consultation by calling (512) 815-0123 to sending a message online
Discover whether PRP from the Austin, TX, team at Austin Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery is right for you. Call (512) 815-0123 or send a message online to arrange a consultation.