Address Unwanted Veins in Austin, TX
Spider veins and other visible vessels can form on the legs for a range of reasons, including genetics, long periods of standing, and exposure to ultraviolet radiation. No matter the cause of spider veins, there is an effective cosmetic solution in sclerotherapy. The medspa at Austin Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery offers the injectable treatment for anyone looking to lose the unsightly dark lines on their legs and enjoy a smoother, younger look for their skin.
The solution used for sclerotherapy causes redundant blood vessels to collapse and be reabsorbed by the body. Spider veins are very superficial and are caused by a pressure buildup in the capillaries, which stretches out the small vessels, making them larger. Spider veins are not necessary for a well-functioning circulatory system, so they can be treated without concern. Excellent injection technique is elemental to safe and successful spider vein treatment. Only an experienced medical professional with skills in the injection of small vessels less than 1 mm in size can consistently and safely treat spider veins. With each treatment there is a significant reduction in the size and number of visible vessels. After you heal, we reassess the remaining blemishes and re-treat as needed. Note that multiple treatment sessions may be necessary in order to achieve ideal aesthetic results.
Austin Cosmetic Medspa by Christine Fisher MD
The Art and Science of Advanced Skincare™
- Known for advanced aesthetic medicine and skincare treatments that scientifically and safely create a natural-looking result.
- Providers have a combined 35+ years of experience in cosmetic dermatology and medical aesthetics.
- Treatments administered by Sandy Lanier, PA-C | Katie Bertling, RN, LE | Lara Montfort, BSN, RN | Jeremy Porche, CRNA | Rachael Davis, LE | Marta Zinyuk, BSN, RN | Africa Maldonado, CLHRT, CRCT
- Offers full range of medical-grade skincare products to improve skin quality and treat aging skin.
- 4.9-star average rating over hundreds of online reviews for non-surgical laser and injectable treatments.