Our bodies are all unique and special, and there are times when women may notice certain imperfections of the body that cause them issues or concern. This includes breast asymmetry. It is not unusual for women to have one breast that is larger in shape or volume than the other. Breast asymmetry can not only cause women to feel self-conscious about their appearance, but may even make it difficult to find bras and swimsuits that fit properly and disguise the imperfection. When this happens, many women in the Austin, TX area may turn to a plastic surgeon for assistance. Drs. Christine Fisher and Silvia Kurtovic of Austin Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery can assist with specific procedures catered towards women with breast asymmetry.
What can I do about breast asymmetry?
There are a few different approaches that may be considered when it comes to improving breast asymmetry. Below are just a few of the procedures our team may recommend:
- Breast augmentation – breast augmentation is the placement of implants to add volume, shape, and size to the breasts. If the asymmetry is rather severe, the placement of an implant in the smaller breast can help in matching the appearance of the other to bring back balance.
- Breast reduction – women with larger breasts that are asymmetrical may consider breast reduction in one breast to bring it down to size with the other. This involves the removal of breast tissue and fat.
- Breast lift – lifting one or both breasts to a higher position on the chest may alleviate breast asymmetry that is rather mild in appearance.
- Fat grafting/fat transfer – removing fat from one part of the body and injecting it into the smaller breast can restore balance to the chest with a minimally-invasive procedure.
- Nipple correction – if needed, nipple correction or repositioning may be necessary to ensure the breasts are equal in shape, size, and balance.
Call Austin Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery today
Drs. Christine Fisher and Silvia Kurtovic of Austin, TX are excited to provide a wide range of treatments for patients who are interested in improving the appearance of the face and body. Breast asymmetry is just one of the problems we can help patients solve with plastic surgery. Call the office at 512-815-0123 to request an appointment with our team at 2905 San Gabriel Street, Suite #100. We are open to new and returning patients interested in aesthetic plastic surgery.