Areola tattooing is a process whereby pigment is used to restore the look and feel of an areola after mastectomy or breast surgery. The careful application of color not only creates a more aesthetically pleasing result but can also boost self-confidence in individuals who have experienced significant changes to the chest.
What Are the Benefits of Quality Areola Tattooing?
- Restore the look and feel of an areola after mastectomy or breast surgeries
- Improve the appearance of naturally occurring asymmetry between two nipples
- Simulate a realistic look of a natural areola, giving volume and dimension to the area where tissue has been removed or reshaped
- Provide a feeling of renewed confidence for those affected by breast cancer, surgery, or other types of trauma
- Create more aesthetically pleasing results
- Boost overall morale and self-esteem in women who have undergone changes in their body image
Who Is a Candidate for Areola Tattooing?
Areola tattooing is a great option for individuals who have had mastectomies, lumpectomies, or other types of breast surgery. It can also be beneficial for women who may have naturally asymmetrical nipples or areolas that they would like to even out. Individuals who have experienced changes in the texture or color of their areolas due to aging or medical treatments may also find benefit from having them restored with permanent makeup. The treatment is safe, non-surgical, and relatively easy to manage with minimal downtime. Ultimately, anyone looking to improve their body image and boost self-confidence could benefit from areola tattooing.
What Should I Expect During an Areola Tattooing Procedure?
The process of areola tattooing is relatively simple and straightforward. The area being treated will be prepped and cleansed. Then, the pigment will be carefully applied in layers to create a realistic-looking nipple and areola, just like a traditional tattoo. Each layer must be allowed to properly dry before another can be added, so the entire process may take several hours, depending on what needs to be done. Once complete, clients should expect some swelling, redness, and tenderness over the course of 24-48 hours. Depending on an individual’s lifestyle and activities, touch-ups may need to be done every few years in order for results to remain vibrant for years to come.
Call Austin Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Today!
If you are interested in learning more about areola tattooing, call 512-815-0123 to request a consultation visit with our team of providers in Austin, TX.